The Wellington Caving Group welcomes new members.
If you are interested please attend one of our meetings or contact one of our committee members.
Please notify Trip Leaders early of your interest in their trip.
Club nights are held on the second Wednesday of the month, at 7:30pm to approximately 9:30pm, from February to November.
The Club night venue is Ignite Sport's office: Level 1, 73 -75 Queens Drive, Lower Hutt
- Club nights are advertised through our email group and can be found in the latest SumpThink.
- The club night programme can be found on the club night page.
Training nights, including climbing and Single Rope Technique (SRT), selection and purchase of gear, setup and maintenance of gear, etc are available on an on demand basis. Please contact a committee member. Something will happily be arranged
Caving Equipment can be purchased from
- HangDog Indoor Rock Climbing Cavern, who offer WCG and NZSS members a serious discount,
- Aspiring Enterprises who have a comprehensive catalogue of Caving Equipment
- Bivouac, who carry a good range, and will promptly order in equipment
- Access gear, bags and lamps
Annual General Meeting
The WCG Annual General Meeting is held at the July or August club meeting.