12th September WGM Committee Meeting
|Present:||Simon Davis, Sue Parker, Kim Farrar, Robert Sowerbutts, Mike Wood, Bob Wellington, Bronwyn Hasler, Dave Hume|
Setting of subs for the 2007/2008 financial year:
It was proposed to keep the WCG subs at the previous rate of $20 for a full member. A second, third, and fourth member if they are in the same household will pay $10 per person, if there are children attending school there is no charge (this does not include NZSS membership). Any unwaged club members are to pay subs of $10.
- The minutes from the committee meetings will now be posted on the WCG web site.
- The new NZSS membership forms are currently not available and are in the process of being updated for the 2007/2008 membership.
- The Sump Think newsletter will be posted on the website and a paper copy will continue to be sent to the National Library of NZ.
- Trips were organised for the next four months details can be found on the Events web page.
- It was discussed to look at completing an expedition in the next year, the Chatham Islands was suggested as a possible location.
- A decision was made to hold Committee meetings monthly to get things moving. The frequency of the meetings will be reviewed at a later stage.
- It was moved by Bob Wellington to purchase Suunto tandem survey tool at $438.75. This was seconded by Rob Sowerbutts. Robert will go ahead and purchase the tool.
|Bronwyn Hasler||To update Debbie Cade on the membership subs rate that has been agreed for 2007/2008.|
|Bronwyn Hasler||To follow up with Debbie Cade to see if she can get Kip Mandeno to update the NZSS membership form on the website.|
|Bronwyn Hasler||To contact Debbie Cade to find out more information about life members and associated WCG members.|
|Bronwyn Hasler||To get the list of the financial members off Barry Cullen.|
|Rob Sowerbutts||To order the Suunto tandem survey tool.|
|Sue Parker||To send out the contact list in the next Sump Think edition.|
|Sue Parker||To send a paper copy of the latest Sump Think edition to the National Library of NZ.|
Meeting at 6pm (Pizza) for 6:30pm, Mitsubishi Motors
Minutes reviewed from the previous 2007 AGM
Minutes from previous committee meeting
Decide on Subs for the next period
Determine Club trips for the upcoming months
General Business: AGM, carbide, survey equipment, hire equipment, etc