NZSS 2007 Annual General Meeting
NZSS Annual General Meeting & Cave Meet
West Coast, Labour Weekend 2007
Host Club: Poutini Potholers. All enquiries to Mary Trayes, 03 762 7414 or email Mary Trayes -> mailto:nzss-agm2007 [snail] caves [period] org [period] nz?subject=NZSS%20AGM%20query%20from%20NZSS%20website
Dates: Friday October 19th to Monday October 22nd 2007.
Where: All over the place, so make sure you arrive with a road map! Runanga and Punakaiki are about 30kms apart and the last petrol station going north is at Runanga, next one at Westport.
- Caving trips will be based from Rata Lodge at Te Nikau Backpackers, Punakaiki.
- NZSS Council meeting, Photographic competition & AGM will be at Runanga School Hall, Duncan St., Runanga
- AGM Dinner will be at the Runanga Workingman’s Club, Pitt Street, and Runanga on Saturday night.
- BBQ & Spit Roast will be at Rata Lodge, Te Nikau Backpackers, Punakaiki on Sunday night.
Accommodation: Some notes before you decide where to stay …
- Book your own at any one of places listed here. A more comprehensive list has been sent to your club secretary or do your own internet search. Golden Sands is about halfway between Runanga and Punakaiki.
- Rata Lodge and Kowhai Cottage at Te Nikau Retreat have been reserved for the NZSS AGM. Rata Lodge has 2 double bedrooms and a 6-bunk dormitory (10). Kowhai Cottage has two double bedrooms and one room has a single bed (5). Book direct with Te Nikau.
- Punakaiki Motor Camp has camping only (all cabins long since booked out by white baiters).
- Wherever you stay will entail some travelling back and forth, as Punakaiki and Runanga are about 30kms apart. Last petrol station heading north is at Runanga, next is 100kms away at Westport.
- Saturday Night AGM dinner will be $25 per adult, $15 for children under 14 years, under 5’s free.
- Sunday Night BBQ & Spit Roast will be $5 for everyone 5 years and over
Complete the following slip, make out a cheque for the total to NZSS AGM 2007 and post to
31 Pitt Street Runanga,
Total amount = ……………