NZSS AGM 2006 Registration Information
The Wellington Caving Group is hosting the NZSS AGM over Labour Weekend. The AGM will operate out of the Piopio High School, 18 Aria Rd, Piopio. All meals and meetings will occur within the school grounds. There is accommodation available within the school, and plenty of caving and non-caving opportunities to keep you interested.
Please read this information pack, then fill in and return the downloadable registration form as soon as possible, and certainly before 30 September.
We look forward to seeing you at the AGM.
If you know of anyone who doesn’t have email, and who wants to attend, please either print a copy of the instructions and registration form for them, or get them to contact Mike Wood with their contact details. He will need at least a name and postal address.
- Mike Wood, 04 9760043, 027 4660003, agm [snail] caving [period] org [period] nz
- Bob Wellington, 04 9053022, 021 1843512, president [snail] caving [period] org [period] nz
|Friday 20th||4.00pm||Setup venue, welcome attendees|
|Register at Hall then establish your accommodation|
|7.00pm||Wine and Cheese informal gathering in Hall|
|Saturday 21st||All day||Caving and other trips|
|9.30am to 3.00pm||NZSS Council Meeting in Room 23, observers are welcome to attend.|
|5.00pm||NZSS AGM in Hall|
|7.00pm||Dinner in Hall|
|Sunday 22nd||All day||Caving and other trips|
|6.00pm||BBQ outside Hall, Speleo challenges, Arch Nana award|
|Monday 23rd||Morning||Guest speakers or Battleys Cave|
|9.00am||Kieran McKay, Technical aspects of Surveying|
|9.45am||Kieran McKay, Bulmer surveying history|
|10.50am||Dave Hulme, Caving in China|
|11.40am||Barry Cullen, Go with the Glow, a history of carbide lighting underground|
|12.30pm||Pack up and clean facilities|
|3.00pm||All visitors leave College grounds|
- Ideally, you will fill it in electronically.
- Fill in the highlighted fields, using the TAB and cursor keys to move between them, and the costs will be calculated for you.
- Email -> mailto:agm [snail] caving [period] org [period] nz (preferred),
- otherwise print it off and fill it in by hand then post it.
- For direct credit the bank details are: Westpac, Lambton Quay, Wellington, account 03 0502 0001003 00
- Anyone who has not had their 16th birthday before Saturday, 21 October 2006 will be charged at the child rates, where they apply.
- Note the pay your age charge for the AGM dinner.
- Children aged 5 to 15 pay for the item the same dollars as their age.
- Fill in their age in years in the rate column, and the number of that age in the # column.
- In the table, the rate is the price per person, per occasion. So if 2 people are registering on the one sheet, and they want breakfast for 3 mornings, the ‘#’ column value would be 6 and the ‘Tot ($)’ value would be 42.
- Any children under 5 years may attend free of charge.
- Continental breakfasts will be cereals, yogurt, fruit, fruit juice and toast with butter and spreads.
- Packed lunches will be bacon and egg pie or vegetarian quiche, muesli bar, Moro or Mars bar, small fruit juice.
- All accommodation options cover from Friday 4pm to Monday 3pm, including the use of hot showers, toilets, and use of the hall kitchen.
- Registration covers rental of the venue and equipment, indemnity insurance, and tea/coffee for the weekend.
- Send your completed form to:
WCG - NZSS AGM 2006P O Box 71WELLINGTON
- Or email to: agm [snail] caving [period] org [period] nz
If you’re not caving, or simply want something else to do, there are plenty of opportunities available in the area, including the following.
- Mokau River boat trip
- Café scene
- Antique and craft shops
- Three Sisters Coastal walk
- Whitebait fritters
- Rural gardens
- Beach walking
If you want further information on any of these, ask us and we’ll send whatever we have.
The Piopio township contains:
- Petrol station
- Hotel with limited accommodation, bottle store, café/restaurant
- Superette with beer and wine sales
- Other assorted rural businesses