- Shearers quarters: Kitchen dining room with large table easily seating twelve, but short on chairs; Sleeps 10 in four bedrooms (three with two single beds and mattresses, one with 4 single beds), room on floor for a few more; Washroom with double tub, faulty wringer washing machine, hand basin and good double shower; Toilet outside under water tank, electric light; Fridge, two stoves, toaster, electric jug; limited crockery, cutlery, utensils, and cooking gear. Washing line and good camping space outside. Can drive to door in dry weather, otherwise park on road 50m away.
- Soap; toilet paper; washing and cleaning material; spare light bulb; all cooking equipment; pillows, sleeping bags, mattress covers, fan heater.
- $10 each for adults and children (Jan 2014) for both quarters and camping - check cost when booking. (PT17 $10 per adult, $10 per child (Jan 2014)- check cost when booking)
- Wellington to Pahiatua: 2.5 hours, 160km. Pahiatua to Makuri: 45 minutes, 45km. Pahiatua to PT17: 50km.
- Camp just down road from cave, Tongariro Holiday Park, Whakapapa Motor Camp, Tramping Club Ski Hut; or Oasis Motel, Turangi.
- Wellington to National Park: 5 hours, 330km. National Park to Okupata: 40 minutes: 25km
- TCC old farm house: wood burner heating, wood available; hot shower; electric stove;
- $5 per head per night
- Sleeping bags, pillow cases, towels, toilet paper, soap
- Wellington to Mahoenui (via Ohakune, Taumaranui): 7 hours, 450 km. Wellington to Piopio (via Stratford): 7 hours, 460 km.
- Sleeping bag, sleeping bag liner, pillow cases, towels
- Four rooms (4, 3, double, 3), bunks/beds with pillows and duvets, 2 showers
- has everything you need in it, stove, microwave, fridge, freezer, so no need to bring kitchen stuff if you dont want to
- Toilet paper, hand soap, dish wash liquid, tea towels, rubbish bags
- Plugbox, fan heater
- Best route from Wellington is via Taranaki coast
- Piopio 24x7; Awakino 24x7
- Rauroa Bush
- Rauroa Farm is 3km along the Taumatamarie road (it is named on the NZMS 260 R17 map). House is behind trimmed hedge on left, after house there is a driveway which goes around the back of the house to a carparking area, see topo map or google map
- Shearers quarters
- Sleeping bags, pillow cases, towels, soap
- Piopio to Puketiti: ? hours, ? km.
- Woolshed: stove and oven; fridge; toilet; hot water and shower; barbecue;
- sleeping bags, mats, and clean tarpaulin for floor; toilet paper; cutlery; crockery; cooking utensils; heater; gas bottle
- 10km west of Piopio, #914.
- ASG Hut (Awatiro) Awatiro.pdf Protocol.pdf 
- Sleeping bags, pillow cases, towels, soap
- Wellington to Waitomo: 7.5 hours (via Ohakune, Taumaranui), 500 km.
- NSG Hut
- Sleeping bags, pillow cases, towels, toilet paper, soap, torch
- Picton to Nelson: 2 hours, 140 km. Picton to NSG Hut: 3:15 hours, 210 km. :Lights: 12 volt Battery / Solar cells
- Rainwater from roof
- LPG gas
- Long drop located behind hut up hill 50m
- Wood burner stove. Fire wood is provided and located under the hut.
The area is under a QE2 Conservation Trust Covenant. Please respect this covenant by not collecting firewood or removing native plants. Remove all rubbish when you leave.
- Shearers quarters, 4 rooms, sleep approx 14
- stove, fridge, showers
- all utensils, light bulbs, cleaning gear, nearest shop 30kms Wairoa, sleeping bags, pillow cases, towels, soap
- Wellington to ?: ? hours, ? km. ? to Whakapunake: ? hours, ? km.
- Charleston Motor Camp - trip base where families stay
- Charleston Lodge
- Picton to Charleston: 5 hours, 300 km.
- Picton to St Arnaud: 1.75 hours, 130km
- Picton to Murchison: 2.5 hours, 190km
- Jack's Gasthof (summer opening)
Charleston Cave Meetup Queen's Birthday weekend
- there is a pot luck dinner Saturday night, 6:30pm ish
- CCG book out the motor camp cabins for families, contact the organiser if you want one
- camping is available at the motor camp and caving base
- Charleston has no pub, store, or petrol station
- the community market is on at 8am Sunday at the community hall
- Campsite at Pearse River Resurgence.
- Possum trap; insect repellent; communal fly; gas cooking.
- Picton to Motueka: ? hours, ? km. Motueka to Road end: ? hours, ? km. Walk in: 2.5 to 3 hours with full pack. Helicopter in.
- Campsite by Bulmer tarn.
- Possum trap; Communal Fly; Gas Cooking
- Picton to Owen River: ? hours, ? km. Walk in 5 hours with full pack. Helicopter in.
- Camping beside creek.
- Bring everything
- nearest shop is back at Collingwood; water containers; gas cooking; communal fly.
- Picton to Collingwood: ? hours, ? km. Collingwood to campsite: ? hours, ? km.