Recent Changes - Search:

Wellington Caving Group


13th May WCG Committee Meeting


Present: Simon Davis, Kim Farrar, Rob Gittins, Scott Miller, Steve Rush
Apologies: Justin Hall,
Starting: 6:30 pm
Closing: 7:30pm

General Business:

  • Scott resigned as treasurer as he is going overseas. Scott handed over the cheque book to Simon. Two cheques were written out for NZSS.
  • Kim to put any walks on the trip list that she is doing so people can join in.
  • More trips are required to be organised for the upcoming months and it would be good to have a couple of trips that are organised for the next committee.
  • Simon has organised a bulk gear purchase through Pete at Hangdog. Hangdog will provide a 20% off caving gear and will try to get more of a discount if possible. Unfortunately Hangdog do not stock Petzl. Simon will send out an email to club members giving then 2 weeks to respond.
  • Next month see if we can get a speaker to come to club night.
  • It was agreed that the club projector could be disposed of. Simon will send an email out to the club to see if anyone wants the projector.
  • Steve had not found out any more on the poster but found out about the club tee shirts. Steve had a design for the tee shirts and found out it would cost about $26 if we ordered 30 tee shirts. Steve took down the sizes of the committee members and is going to email the club to see what interest is and then decide on whether to go ahead.

Action Items:

Simon DavisTo contact club members to see if anyone is willing to take up the treasures role.
Simon DavisSend and email to club members about the bulk purchase opportunity.
Simon DavisTo talk to Wayne and follow up on Ramsey’s neck.
Steve RushTo look at getting some more professional posters that can be put up to inform more people about the club.
Steve RushEmail club members to find out interest in purchasing a club tee shirt.
Kim FarrarTo talk to Dave Hume to see if he will be willing to look at upgrading the club helmets.
Kim FarrarTo purchase a exercise book that can be used as a club trip book.
Justin HallHas talked to Bob Wellington about organising a time to itemise the SAR gear.
Simon DavisCall the landowner of PT17 and confirm charges of entering the caves for club members to see if this can be free of charge as opposed to the commercial trips that are charged $10 .
Simon DavisTo write a letter to the NZSS council on communication to the clubs and that Simon would like to be included in reviewing the updated constitution.
Kim FarrarTo follow up with NZSS to find out about the request for the second Edition caving CD.

June Agenda

  • Previous minuites
  • Action items (see previous minutes)
  • Committee next year
  • Upcoming trips
  • AGM
  • Tee Shirts
  • Cavesar Management Forum