Recent Changes - Search:

Wellington Caving Group


2009 Quarterly Meeting

Chair / Facilitator:Justin Hall
Scribe:Justin Hall
Time:17:30 to 19:00
Location:Rob Gittons house, Whitby, Porirua.


*Justin Hall(JH)President
*Bronwyn Hasler(BH)Treasurer
ASimon Davis(SD)Secretary
*Alex Horvat(AH)New Members
*Rob Gittons(RG)Committee Member
*Walther Jobstal(WJ)Committee Member
*Gavin Holden(GH)Member

[* in attendance, A Apologies, AB absent, + substitute, c Copied]

Meeting Minutes

 Calendar Dates   
1.01The following dates were agreed for the next 3 quarterly committee meetings:  
-Sunday 7th February 2010.AH07 Feb
-Sunday 9th May 2010.TBC09 May
-Sunday 1st August 2010.TBC01 Aug
1.02The need for the committee to set date based and measureable goals was discussed. It was agreed that the committee should measure themselves against these.Note 
1.03No trip is currently planned for Wellington anniversary weekend 23 – 25 January. GH noted he may run a trip to Puketiti and would let members know if this was the case.GH08 Jan
1.04No change to the trip list.Note 
 Treasurers Report and Recruitment  
2.01WCG account balance as of 22 November 2009: $3,537.36.Note 
2.02Member ship as of 22 November 2009:  
-30 members.Note 
-2 members indicated they would rejoin but have not paid subs.  
-1 new member indicated that he would join. WG to chase.WJ18 Dec
-4 members lost: Steve, Katy, Gary, Scott.  
2.03The 4 lost members were discussed. Feedback was that they had left due to personal time commitments or not being interested in caving rather than due to club activities.Note 
2.04New membership:  
-The question was asked if the club wanted to attempt to replace the 4 new members and it was decided “yes”.  
-Alex Horvat was elected as being “head or recruitment”.  
-Recruitment stand at Johnsonville fair.AH11 Dec 
-Drive to get beginners on new member’s trip in March 2010.AH/SD12 Mar
2.05Electronic Signature System:  
-Bronwyn ran through the laborious procedure it was to make a payment from a club account when 2 physical signatures were required.  
-Due to the potential for having a relative newbie as treasurer of unknown responsibility (E.g. Scott) it was decided that 2 signatures are still required.  
-Bronwyn to investigate 2 electronic signatures as a possibility.BH7 Feb
 General Business  
3.01Michie Phone’s:
Bronwyn noted that Arthur was targeting to have 8 units made by January 2010.
AN29 Jan
3.02Club Website:  
-Alex noted that it was up to date.Note 
-The Cavity news letter has been removed from the WCG.Note 
-Given CCG’s reaction to having The Cavity published on WCG website, the need to consult with the authors of caving news articles before use on the WCG website was discussed.Note 
3.03Club Library:  
-To go from Mike to Kim.Note 
-NZSS bulletins free for members to have. To be announced at club events.All 
3.04SAR Kit List (currently in Gavin’s possession):Note 
-2 x 50mm 36KN prusik minding pulleys.  
-6 x Alloy D 24 KN screw gate karabiners.  
-2 x 5m 25mm tape.  
-1 x 10m 25mm tape.  
3.05Growth of SAR kit, the following questions were posed, the committee members have to the following meeting to form their opinion where a consensus will be developed.All7 Feb
-What are the national expectations of WCG with regard to SAR capability?  
-What are WCG’s expectations of our own SAR capability?  
-What training is required of members to meet these expectations?  
-What equipment is required by WCG to meet these expectations?  
-What can WCG realistically achieve SAR wise given its current membership?  
-What funding is available if required?  
 It was agreed that other club members should be consulted in this exercise, namely Barry Cullen, Bob Wellington and Gavin Holden for their expertise. JH and BH to ensure contact.JH/BH7 Feb
3.06Club Ropes:  
-The use of individual ropes at club meetings was discussed.  
-It was decided that the club would not purchase its own ropes.Note 
-It was decided that members should make a gold coin donation or buy a drink for the ropes owner for each drop. This is to be raised at the next club night and at Bob’s BBQ for which I expect he’ll be grateful.BH12 Dec
3.07Club Helmets:  
-All go to be given to Bob to make his purchase.JH18 Dec

Next Meeting Date: Sunday 7th February 2010

Next Meeting

Location:Alex Horvat TBC
Meeting Time:5.00pm
Chair/ Facilitator:J Hall
Scribe:A Horvat